Cosmetics: Brands & Shops
An EU Directive came into force in March 2013 which prohibits animal testing on all cosmetic and toiletry products sold in the EU. Some companies may, however, continue to test their products on animals for the purpose of selling them in non-EU countries.
The Vegan Society symbol on a product indicates that it was not tested on animals and does not contain any animal-derived substances.
Irish shops and brands:
- Scupted by Aimee . . . (Irish business – cosmetics and beauty products)
- Lush . . . (most of their products are vegan and are clearly marked with the Vegan Society logo on the front of all packaging, labels and signs)
- Superdrug . . . (they now have a Vegan range of beauty products)
- Anneco . . . (Irish company – all products are suitable for vegans)
- Penneys . . . (Ps Perfect Colour Foundation)
- The Body Shop . . . (Some outlets in Ireland – has some vegan cosmetics)
- Charlotte Tilbury . . . (Vegan items are listed here)
- Inglot Ireland . . . (60% of Inglot’s makeup collection is vegan)
- Vegan Beauty . . . (Irish facebook page)
UK Online Vegan Cosmetics Stores: