Online Irish Shops:
- SoulBia . . . Irish online ‘free from’ shop selling vegan food products among others.
- Vegan Food Store . . . Facebook page here.
- Little Green Shop . . . (range of vegan personal care products)
- PlantiNI . . . (based in Northern Ireland, they deliver to the South also)
Health and Wholefood Shops:
Irish supermarkets now stock a good range of vegan items such as plant-based milks, cheese, cream, ice-cream, margerine, and vegan convenience foods such as burgers, sausages, etc. The list is growing all the time.
Each of the following supermarket chains have a ‘vegan list’, an up to date version of which can be found on their websites:
- Tesco stock a huge range of vegan products.
- Marks and Spencer – over 60 vegan products in their ‘Plant Kitchen’ range.
- Lidl . . . (some vegan products).
- Aldi . . . (some vegan products).
- Dunnes Stores stock a large range of vegan food products. (They do not currently provide a vegan list.)
- Iceland supermarkets have a range of vegan ‘No Bull‘ products in their freezer section.
- Supervalu stores are variable in terms of the number of vegan products they stock. Some stores have a large range of vegan products and some do not. A list of their vegan products can be found on their website.
For more information on the types of products stocked by these supermarkets – join the Facebook group Products Suitable for Vegans (Ireland).
Vegans in Northern Ireland will also find vegan food products at Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, ASDA and the Co-op. You can find out about vegan products available in the UK here. This is a great group to join for more information: Vegetarian and Vegan Northern Ireland.