If you are switching directly from a meat/dairy-based diet to a vegan diet you will find vegan versions of all the foods you have been accustomed to, including cheese, milk, cream, yoghurt, mayonnaise, chocolate, ice-cream, and many more.
There are also vegan brands of ‘fake meats’ such as Fry’s, VBites, Moodley Manor, Beyond Meat, Vivera, Quorn and many more which you will find in the fridge/freezer section of supermarkets and health shops.
You will also find the types of foods that vegans typically eat such as beans, lentils, nuts, seeds, grains, tofu, seitan, fruits and vegetables.
Vegan Starter Guides:
- Choose Life…Go Vegan
- How Do I Go Vegan
- Vegan Starter Kit
- Starter Kit from PCRM
- 21-Day Vegan Kickstart
- The Vegan Coach
- Challenge 22+
- International Vegan Association – vegan starter guide
What do vegans eat:
- Food in supermarkets and health shops
- Vegan recipes
- Vegan Dining Out (Ireland)
- Products Suitable for Vegans (Ireland)
- Vegan Recipe Exchange (Ireland)
Books on becoming vegan:
Groups you can join:
- Join a local or national vegan group here.