Here is a guide to the symbols on shoes and accessories so that you will know if they contain leather.
Irish online shops:
- Peryan Vegan – online shoe store, bags also
- Original by Shary – Sligo based business – handmade ladies purses and bags
- Renesto Fashion – Galway based business
- Cork Crafts – vegan shoes, bags and wallets make from cork
- Gold Harp Fashion – vegan bags, based in Dublin.
Irish high-street shops:
- Marks & Spencers – shoes which are suitable for vegans should be labelled.
- New Look – range of vegan shoes, can also be bought online.
- Schuh – high street shoe chain – lists their vegan shoes here.
- Dr. Martens ‘vegan collection’ – should be available at Schuh.
- Fresh Cuts Clothing – Dublin eco-friendly shop sells Will’s vegan shoes.
UK online vegan shoe shops:
- Vegetarian Shoes
- Ethical Wares
- Eco-Vegan Shoes
- Bourgeois Boheme
- Beyond Skin
- Wills Vegan Shoes
- Friendship Vegan Shoes
- Koi Footwear
- Green Shoes (some vegan products)
- Happy Little Soles (children’s shoes)
‘Cork’ Bags, Shoes and Accessories:
Cork is a sustainable, eco-friendly material made from the bark of the cork oak, which has the look and feel of leather.