- Sheep spend much of their lives outdoors and are very vulnerable to the weather.
- Many sheep and lambs die from exposure in snow and freezing temperatures. See: ‘The Suffering of Farmed Sheep’ – from Animal Aid’s website.
- Male lambs are castrated and lambs of both sexes have their tails docked.
- Lambs are killed for meat, and adult sheep are used for wool and for breeding purposes.
- Sheep are intelligent animals capable of a range of emotions.
- Lambs are usually slaughtered when they are around 6 months old. The natural lifespan of a sheep is 10-12 years.